No subject

Tue Mar 31 11:32:25 PDT 2015

.BEGIN-HECNET-INFO
ADDR |NAME   |OWNER                   |EMAIL                       |HARDWARE                           |OS                         |LOCATION                                       |NOTES
8.401|CHIMPY|Sampsa Laine     |sampsa at mac.com     |AlphaServer DS10           |OpenVMS 8.3       |London, England                         |Main SAMPSACOM system, SMTP gateway (CHIMPYMAIL.COM)
8.400|GORVAX|Sampsa Laine     |sampsa at mac.com     |SIMH VAX on OSX/Intel |OpenVMS 7.3       |London, England                         |MULTINET bridge to Area 2, Area router
8.403|RHESUS|Sampsa Laine     |sampsa at mac.com     |HP rx2600 Dual 900MHz |OpenVMS 8.4E     |London, England                         |File libraries available
8.500|PYFFLE|Sampsa Laine     |system at pyffle.com|VMWare                               |Pyffle BBS         |London, England                         |Waffle reimplementation BBS, log in as pyffle for access
.END-HECNET-INFO

On 18 May 2013, at 23:10, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

Always doable, just pick one box per area.

As for easy to scrape, we had a pretty well-defined format for where the machine readable stuff starts (the content is just CSV, more or less) and ends.

How much easier do you want it?   :)

sampsa

On 18 May 2013, at 23:08, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

On 2013-05-18 22:58, Sampsa Laine wrote:

On 18 May 2013, at 18:41, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

Or I could possible scrape files in know locations to manage the updating, if that would make more sense. (The last one would probably be really easy from my point of view...)

	Johnny

Didn't we develop a format for this ages ago, to be stuck at the end of INFO.TXT on the public accessible dir of a machine?

I don't think the current INFO.TXT files are that useful, or even easy to scrape. But that might just be me. :-)

Not to mention that I have no clue which machines to scrape, if I were to do that. If I were to do it, I'd probably ask for a different format, and have a designated machine per person/area to scrape.