No subject

Tue Mar 31 11:32:25 PDT 2015

Ian

Sent from my iPad

On 2013-01-07, at 10:02 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 01/08/2013 12:53 AM, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
The problem with ssh is it's "out of band" as far as hecnet is
concerned. It would be nice if the discovery was purely decnet.

True.

Well, if one can define access lists using DECnet addresses as filter
terms, I'd be ok with that, for nonprivileged access.

I've just verified that a MOP console request works from Linux using
locally-stored authentication on the IOS side to establish a
nonprivileged IOS CLI session on a 7206VXR running IOS 12.3(22), like so:

$ moprc -v <MAC address>

...and like this from NCP under VMS:

NCP> connect node gw physical address <MAC address> via <circuit-name>

Note that the MAC address must have its octets delimited by colons
under Linux, and hyphens under VMS.

---
Filter service subscribers can train this email as spam or not-spam here:     http://my.email-as.net/spamham/cgi-bin/learn.pl?messageid=0AB18D20595911E28A4BA96E93ED0201