[HECnet] BP2 v2.7 tape read

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Fri May 1 19:22:51 PDT 2015

Dave,
   Oh, I am so sorry. What a disappointment that had to be. I would think somewhere
there has to be a good copy of that BP2 V2.7 Well, hopefully the PDP-11 C V1.2
is good since it is different.

   I had a really interesting trip the the living computer museum in Seattle yesterday.
At this point they have in running state a PDP-7, a very nicely equipped PDP-8,
a couple PDP-10s (KI-10 & DECsystem-20),
a PDP-11/70 (DECsystem cabinet running UNIX), a PDP-12, plus a Xerox Sigma 7.
It is amazing to see the blinking lights on this old hardware.

  They were next working to get a CDC 6600 running. That looked like a big job.

  It's great that Paul Allen has decided to make all this possible.

Best Regards,
Mark