[HECnet] Phase III<--->Phase IV limitations?

Wed May 13 11:36:36 PDT 2015

No, Phase III is not aware of areas.  The node number is a simple integer.  In every implementation I know of, it’s an integer in the range 1 to 255.

So while in theory a Phase III node could send to node number 56327, which a Phase IV node would interpret as 55.7, in the real world no Phase III node has that ability.

	paul