[HECnet] LEGATO?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sun Oct 11 12:08:54 PDT 2015

>I can receive mail but outbound mail doesn't seem to work..

  It's exactly as you said.  The problem is that my new ISP blocks out going
port 25 connections, so Multinet can't deliver outgoing SMTP mail.  The ISP
has a mail relay that I could use, but it only accepts SSL/TLS authenticated
connections.  Multinet SMTP doesn't do either.

  Interestingly, they don't block inbound port 25 connections, so Multinet
can receive incoming mail.

  I don't see any easy way out of this, so I think the DECnet mail gateway
will have to be "decommitted" for now.

Bob

P.S.  I only turned on the incoming mail this morning, and within ten
minutes Sampsa had sent a message thru!