[HECnet] Generating new Hobbyist licenses

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Thu Oct 15 10:48:29 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I’m introducing someone new to the hobby - he’s just acquired a VAXstation 4000 VLC and will soon be needing a hobbyist license to get going. It’s looking like the hobbyist program keeps moving around - I’ve found what appears to be the current HP page for it, but they seem to be restricting licenses to only 3 recognized chapters - Connect/Encompass, Internet Netherlands, and Interex.ch <http://interex.ch/>.  I’m either unable to understand the language, or the chapter wants real money for membership.  Does anyone know how to get a membership number that HP will accept that is free?

Alternatively, without asking for anyone to break the law, I recall someone here has a method of generating a full set of keys (I have PAKGEN but it would take me quite a while to generate all of them). If someone could point me in the right direction off-list, I’d appreciate it!

Ian