[HECnet] Connectivity via BT Infinity

Mark Darvill mark.darvill at mac.com
Tue Sep 1 04:26:14 PDT 2015

You would need to do a full NAT to the DECbrouter90 as GRE although IP does not have a normal IP port in the IP packet so PAT doesn’t really understand GRE.

My Decbrouter90 is attached to a Cisco 1841 which performs NAT to the outside world. So I map a single IP to the Decbrouter90. There may be a better way to do this but I gave up trying as due to it not having a TCP port the firewall also doesn’t understand so I just found it easier to pass everything to the decbrouter.

T1 or T2 doesn’t matter as they just dictate how many WAN ports and what interface types are supported, there is a matrix in the manual.

The PSU I have on the Decbrouter is a H7827. The Hub 5 in my opinion is not good for anything other than very basic connectivity.

As I said if you need help just let me know.

Mark