[HECnet] Running the RSX-11 MAIL-11 client on VAX VMS with the RSX emulation installed

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Sep 6 13:51:19 PDT 2015

On 2015-09-06 21:44, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On 09/06/2015 10:40 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>> It is a rather nice mail system. But it only speaks DECnet. I am so
>> tempted to start working on something that will speak both DECnet and
>> TCP/IP... But I'm short on time, as always. Anyone else interested? :-)
>
>    Yes!

Well, if you want to write on this, I can talk more with you offline. I
have some notes and some experiments, including some half-started code.
I pretty much figured out how the Mail-11 protocol works. I have TCP/IP,
and SMTP isn't that hard. But there is a lot of code to write to make it
all play together in a nice way...