[HECnet] MONITOR DISK - Meaning of values

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Wed Sep 16 03:46:26 PDT 2015

Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> writes:

>I'm running a batch job that is creating a large (82 GB) file and =
>monitoring the system with MONITOR DISK.
>
>The value I'm getting is 39 - what does this actually mean, what is the =
>unit that is being monitored?

I'm assuming you did not specify /ITEM.  From the MONITOR HELP:

    When the /ITEM qualifier is omitted, the default is /ITEM=OPERATION_RATE.
	:
	:
       OPERATION_    Specifies that I/O operation rate statistics are
       RATE          displayed for each disk.

What's you concern, if any?
--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG