[HECnet] MONITOR DISK - Meaning of values

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Wed Sep 16 07:22:39 PDT 2015

Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> writes:

>On 2015-09-16 16:03, Sampsa Laine wrote:
>>
>> On 16 Sep 2015, at 15:01, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>>

>>> But this would also require that I have a separate network for this setup. We're talking about a machine that are on the internet today... On a well known, static ip address.
>>>

>> Then you're unfortunately pretty out of luck unless - AFAIK VMS doesn't have anything like iptables to help you filter out the connections.
>
>Well, you are trying to suggest ways to prevent this from happening. And
>no, VMS do not have iptables, as far as I know.
>When you are looking for is essentially a way to block some ranges of
>addresses. That can be done in a router, or sometimes switch. Quite
>possible I'll look into that. But that don't answer my current question,
>how to fix the current state on the VMS system. And no, I do not
>consider "reboot" to be the solution. :-)
>
>> A really crappy solution would be to restart the IP stack every so often but there are of course issues with that as well..
>
>Yeah... No... Not going there.

At hospital typing on my tablet...

You are correct, no iptables... that's because it's VMS; not ewwwnix!

RTFM, and look for: ACCEPT NETS, ACCEPT HOSTS,REJECT NETS, REJECT HOSTS.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG