[HECnet] LD images

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Sep 17 06:43:44 PDT 2015

On 17 Sep 2015, at 14:37, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

> Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> writes:
>

>> Guys,
>>
>> Can I FTP an LD image from one system to another without the usual =
>> problems of transferring BCK images?
>>
>> The file is more or less just a stream of bytes, correct?
>>
>> sampsa
>
> Be sure to set mode to image or binary first.

Yes of course - but my question was more about comparing and LD image to a BCK saveset - BCK saveset don't really like being move by FTP (and for some reason ZIP keeps crashing when I try to compress this particular saveset, maybe due to it's size, 80 GB)..

So I'm restoring the save set to an LD disk image instead and will move that across and as I thought its format is not going to get corrupted in transit (provided I use image mode).

Sampsa