[HECnet] Multinet SMTP mail delivery via gmail

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 04:28:21 PDT 2016

Hello group

I'm currently setting up Stephen Hoffman's NEWUSER new user registration
system and as part of this I need to configure MULTINET to be able to
send SMTP emails. I'd like to do that by using google mail as a
forwarding service - does anyone have the necessary configuration
information I'd require?

I'd also like to be able to receive emails direct to the box, but this
is a secondary requirement. I do have a linux server available running
ubuntu that could act as a forwarding service if that's an easier setup.

The plan, which is now coming to fruition, is to start a UK based public
access Alpha and VAX cluster. It's getting close now!

Cheers, Mark