[HECnet] OFF-TOPIC (but it's Friday guys): APL FAIL

Fri Apr 29 10:04:44 PDT 2016

> On Apr 29, 2016, at 1:00 PM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:
>
> To be honest, APL looks like MUMPS using a bad dialup connection to me..
>
> How the HELL could anyone understand that?

It just takes practice.  It's certainly not as bad as TECO.  :-)

Then again, I remember hearing Ron Rivest talk about a chip design program he wrote in APL -- 1000 lines.  That's scary.

I learned APL fairly recently, as a tool to do cryptanalysis.  I suppose there's some irony in that.

	paul