[HECnet] VCF East - who's going?

Evan Koblentz cctalk at snarc.net
Wed Feb 10 12:59:37 PST 2016

> VCF East is April 15-17.  That's just 2 months away!

Don't remind me. :) We on the show management side have a LOT of work to do.

> Last year DEC was well represented.

Last year we encouraged people to bring all manner of PDP-8 because of
the original 8's 50th anniversary. The highlight was David G. exhibiting
our museum's original unit (which is now in our museum on display, and
in better condition than a year ago; David's done some additional
maintenance on it.)

> This year could be even better!  I am starting to put some things together.

Please remember one very important note: all exhibitors must
pre-register. Can't just show up and get a table. Registration is online
here:
http://www.vcfed.org/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-east/vcf-east-exhibits/

> Hopefully we can connect to the HECnet backbone.

We have quasi-reliable WiFi at the venue. Emphasis on quasi, not
reliable. :)