[HECnet] VMS networking

William Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:26:53 PST 2016

Bill Cunningham wrote:
> yeah openvms 7.3 I have I would have to install networking. Would I
> use dec$tailor ?
nope... you have to do the install of the decnet package rather than
tailor the existing os.

take a look at
http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/382

To install DECnet-Plus, specify the DCL command:
|PRODUCT INSTALL/SOURCE=ddcu:[KITS.DECNET_PLUS_VAX073_KIT] DECNET_OSI|

To install DECnet Phase IV, enter the following DCL command:
|PRODUCT INSTALL/SOURCE=ddcu:[KITS.DECNET_PHASE_IV_VAX073_KIT]
DECNET_PHASE_IV|