[HECnet] RSX IP stack

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jan 3 03:24:05 PST 2016

Hi.

On 2016-01-03 04:22, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Hey Johnny, have you thought about adding lpr/lpd support to your IP
> stack?  In particular I'd love to have the ability to print from an RSX
> system to a networked printer.

I actually have not thought about that specific protocol, no. I did the
direct printing for PCL printers, but that was more an experiment.
I suspect doing the lpr protocol would be dead simple starting with my
pcl code.
Any takers? The pcl implementation is even written in C, so grabbing
that and doing an lpr implementation shouldn't be hard for anyone.

I'm currently starting to write the Multinet compatible line drivers for
DECnet for RSX, so I don't have the cycles right now.