[HECnet] Network topology according to MIM.

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Jan 15 06:49:50 PST 2016

>Let me give you the same example I just gave Peter in a private mail.

  The problem with your example is that you have one area (1 in your case) that has more than one area router AND all of them have external links.  Worse, some of those multiple area routers for area 1 have links to the same external machine.  The problem is just a badly thought out network topology.  If area 1 had only one gateway to the external world, then all would be well.

  Now you're going to tell me "yes, but I don't want to do it that way".  That's fine, but like I said - the problem isn't with the technology.

Bob