[HECnet] Network topology according to MIM.

Fri Jan 15 09:35:28 PST 2016

> On Jan 15, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>
> On 2016-01-15 16:18, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
>>
>>> On Jan 15, 2016, at 10:16 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>>>
>>> RSX does equal path cost splitting. However, I don't know if that applies to intra-area traffic.
>>
>> Interesting.  Does it advertise routing version 2.0.0 (Phase IV) or 2.1.0 (Phase IV+)?  I remembered some other differences between the two but had forgotten about equal cost path splitting until the subject came up.  I'm fairly sure that it is another one of the changes between the two.
>
> You have the tcpdump... :-)

Yes.  The answer is 2.0.0.  Interesting.  Then again, equal cost splitting affects what NSP sees, and it doesn't know or care about routing version numbers.

>> It sure would be interesting to locate a copy of the Routing 2.1.0 spec.
>
> Yes.
>
> By the way, I'm pretty sure that equal path cost splitting is not done on area routing.

I wonder why.  It makes just as much sense in one place as in the other, not to mention that it seems odd to have different algorithms.  Or is there a parameter that controls "max splits" which is separate for layer 1 and layer 2, and has different defaults for the two?

	paul