[HECnet] DECnet over IP

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Jan 20 07:36:31 PST 2016

On 2016-01-20 16:19, Robert Armstrong wrote:
> P.S.  FWIW, you can also change the port number for UDP too if you don't like the default of 700.  In the case of UDP, though, I think you'd have to use the same port number on both ends.  For TCP it's only the listening (passive) end port number that matters.

I think I might have over-designed my implementation. :-)
I can control both the local and remote port for all my connections. And
I also need the incoming packets to fully match. Which might be a
problem with TCP then, as VMS Multinet do not actually control the
originating TCP port... So it will be tricky to specify what it will be.
I guess I can let incoming connections accept any remote port.