[HECnet] DECnet over IP

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Jan 20 07:55:05 PST 2016

On 20 Jan 2016, at 15:51, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

> Well, yes, that is true. However, I doubt many would be clever enough to even know what they are doing.
> However, a more silly thing is just simple DOS attacks. If you connect to the multinet server, then the proper remote end cannot. Which is simple, not super harmful, but annoying...

This problem has existed with for the bridge and Multinet tunnels since the beginning.

However I doubt most hackers would go through the trouble of learning the precise format of a DECNET packet encapsulated in UDP/TCP to insert malicious data into our network - we're just not valuable enough a goal..

Sampsa