[HECnet] Email gateway

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Thu Jan 21 06:38:03 PST 2016

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016, tony at blews.co.uk wrote:

> Is anyone hosting a DECnet<-->SMTP gateway? I can't get SMTP to work with
> my ISP (Virgin Media) from any operating system, but could do with being
> about to bounce mail via a machine both ways.
> I know it used to work, through LEGATO:: i think, but is this still active?

I volunteered to host it (via a little partnership with Bob) and FRUGAL is
set up and ready to go, however I have not figured out a way yet to get it
to work without increasing my hosting bill.  Some day when I get a bit of
time this winter I will revisit it.  I may or may not have a way, just
have to think of what resources I have available and how to make it work.
:)

Fred