[HECnet] Circuit costs (again!)

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Jan 25 09:17:08 PST 2016

>  I will participate.

  Oh, and sure - I'll go along provided I can get the routing results that I want.  Sorry to be selfish, but I'm not going to put up with some nonsensical routing path just so that we can have standardized costs.

  I already put forth my requirements for the routing a while ago - there are only two.

  a) If two nodes have a direct point to point link, then that link should be the preferred route.
  b) I really want symmetrical routing.

I already know that there are those who believe that symmetrical routing is impossible to achieve, so maybe I'll give up on (b).  I still want (a) though.

Bob