[HECnet] Email gateway

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Jan 27 02:07:26 PST 2016

On 2016-01-27 09:32, tony at blews.co.uk wrote:

> If you are going to do that, I know its possible to have a host listen for
> http request for, say *.host.hecnet.org and rewrite the url to forward the
> the relevant address. This would be better that DNS forwarding, as, again
> for example, "http://tardis.host.hecnet.org" could be rewritten to
> "http://www.tardis.blews.co.uk:8080/"

http is not email. :-)

Besides, looks like you're talking about http redirects. Another thing
you can do in http is actually serve different "hotst" from the same
server. As a part of a request, you get the actual utl, so you can see
what the user was looking for, even if it all ends up on the same
server. No need to redirect anything...
But it all depends on what you want to do, of course.

	Johnny