[HECnet] New system online

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jul 7 00:17:41 PDT 2016

You do know that any nodenames are local to each machine? So a name like
ROJIN will not be known by anyone even if you have set it up on your
machine.

The closest thing we have in HECnet is that I try to keep a nodename
database that people can copy information from on MIM. So people can
report to me if they want a name known to a larger group. But even that
is not a guarantee that other machines know about the name.

	Johnny