[HECnet] Please help to find technical documentation

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jun 19 12:46:12 PDT 2016

Hi.

On 2016-06-19 21:11, d wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
>  After 1 year fight i finally got VaxStation I ( VS20C-F2 ) + monitor
> VRT17-HA. But problem I haven't got keyboard ... and  no cable for this
> monitor to connect to VS ( 5 coax output on monitor to jack on VS)
>
>  Problem that I can't find any technical documentation on VaxStation to
> get part numbers for this cable and keyboard
>
>  Can somebody help?

I would assume the keyboard is the standard DEC thing, with a 4 pole
modular plug. Any DEC keyboard with this connector should work, but back
at the time, I believe it was the LK201 that it was delivered with.

Monitors... It wasn't that common to actually have 5 coax cables on DEC
equipment. I would suspect that only three were actually used. Which
would be just the RGB signals. And DEC usually ran with sync-on-green.
The question is what kind of connector is it on the VS side?
DEC used a few different ones for different equipment.