[HECnet] Updated Rampage Watchdog for OpenVMS 7.3 (and later?)

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Thu Jun 23 12:49:16 PDT 2016

supratim at riseup.net writes:

>What monitoring tools are folks using here?
>
>I have so far found Ergosol's Watchdog - it provides a neat solution to
>high-level server security, status and connectivity monitoring with
>email alerts. I tweaked it a little for adjusting it to OpenVMS 7.3 -
>you can grab it from http://sanyal.duckdns.org:81/pub/rampage.sav
>
>I am getting (NUMEROUS!) emails from all intrusion attempts and whenever
>someone logs in to the monitored accounts, as well as when any of the
>monitored HECnet nodes or internet IPs are unreachable.

As maintainer/author of Clyde-Digital's-(then)-> Raxco's-(then)-> ProvN's
Intruder Alert product, emails -- such as provided by your Watchdog -- will
soon overwhelm you and you'll soon either ignore them, or supress them, or
sequester them for review well after the fact.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG