[HECnet] Wanting to connect to HECnet

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Sun Jun 26 19:26:43 PDT 2016

All,
   I am trying to bring my PDP-11/83 "Frodo" address 30.1 on to HECnet. I've been running Johnny's BQTCP and used FTP and TELNET to work from RSX11M+ to the rest of the internet. Now I want to connect to HECnet.

   I've reNETGENed and added the IP multinet device, rebooted and run INS.CMD and it
all looks good. I do need to open the port in my router and direct it to the PDP-11 when I know the correct port #.

    I'm in the HECnet node database but I need to connect the IP-0-0 network line in BQTCP to another HECnet node.

    The PDP-11/83 DECnet name is Frodo and it is at DECnet 30.1
    my static (as far as I know) IP address is 24.100.118.162 and it's DNS name is Matlock.DYNDNS-IP.COM
    I would need to know:
          the port # for the connection (700?)
          the host name at the end of the connection and it's DECnet address?
          also what cost you would like me to use for the circuit

    Again I am VERY new to HECnet but have been around DECnet since 1981.

Thanks!
Mark Matlock