[HECnet] Sun LSA 800 compatible with DEC 3000

Michael Holmes mholmes10 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:54:27 PDT 2016

Hey guys,

I'm seeking some hardware technical expertise.

I have a DEC 3000-300L and have a CRT monitor (with RGB & SOG).

The monitor is over 13 years old and I'm not sure how much longer it will last.

A friend stumbled upon a Sun LSA 800 flat panel monitors at a resale shop.

Online search show the LSA 800 does Sync on Green, but not find details on resolution and freq.

Anyone know if the Sun LSA 800 support the resolution and freq of the Dec?

I'd like to swap out the CRT with the Sun LSA 800, but don't want to pay the shipping and then find out the Sun isn't compatible.

Thanks

Mike