[HECnet] Emacs-clone for RSX?

Paul A. Anokhin paul7 at paul7.net
Mon May 30 06:42:54 PDT 2016

This is fantastic news!

My 2 cents, if I may.
There's a simple reason why I stopped using MicroEMACS on my RSX
system and went back to TECO-11. Screen size. I didn't try too hard,
but I failed to hack MicroEMACS to display more than 80x24. It just
kept crashing. And as I nowadays mostly connect to my RSX system via
telnet, it's really not that pleasant to see those 80x24 symbols on a
pretty large terminal emulator screen.
My TECO startup script, on the other hand, asks the terminal about its
size and adjusts nicely.

NEMA seems to ignore both my real screen size and terminal height
setting (SET TERM/PAG:nnn). However it does use the terminal width
setting.

Please note that the source depends on STAT.H which, judging by a
modification time on MIM, is your own header file, but which is
missing from the [NEMA] directory.

And then what is CLIB.OLB that is needed for a task-building? Modules
that are needed seem to match CFPURSX.OLB, but if I task-build against
it, my NEMA.TSK crashes on startup.

--
   Paul Anokhin