[HECnet] Re: [Simh] Emacs-clone for RSX?

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Tue May 31 08:22:55 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 06:10:41PM +0300, Sampsa Laine wrote:
>Why don???t one of you RSX gurus port ???joe??? to RSX?
>OK it???s not emacs but it???s quite small and has enough functionality..

I'm thinking the point isn't:  if only there were a nice editor, any
editor, that fits on RSX (those of us who grew up on EDT generally *love*
it already, and TECO is its own religion), but rather to accommodate
people's muscle memory and accept the commands they were already going to
type whether they meant to or not (which is why E11's built-in editor goes
in the other direction and uses the EDT/KED keypad layout).

John Wilson
D Bit