[HECnet] Announcing TCP/IP for RSX-11M-PLUS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Sep 3 11:24:57 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-03 19:02, Cory Smelosky wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Sep 2016, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>
>> Looks like you were trying to install from an unprivileged terminal,
>> or possibly a non-system UIC, along with non-system users not being
>> allowed to write to LB:[1,1].
>>
>> I guess I should add a check for this... Thanks for bringing it up.
>>
>> Assuming you indeed are on a privileged terminal, just (for the time
>> being) give the following command before starting the installation:
>>
>> SET /UIC=[1,54]
>>
>> that will put you in the system UIC range.
>>

> I was [200,200] - that would do it. ;)

Yeah. 200,200 isn't a good UIC to install from. I'm updating the install
script to check that you are in a proper UIC before installing.

> ... now I'm out of file headers. D'oh!

If you just did a plain install from the distribution tape, that is a
very typical problem. The default number of file headers are pretty low,
in order to make sense on small disks. If you install on a large disk
you should explicitly set the max file headers to something very large.