[HECnet] DECnet-Linux/Ubuntu 17 64-bit

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Thu Aug 24 16:09:15 PDT 2017

Hi

I have started to work on a 64-bit Ubuntu 17/Zesty VM to try to get it
to talk DECnet. Many of you have already done this.

This is going to be called MOKSHA with address 1.553.

I had to compile dn-progs and dn-common from source; the dnping/dndir
etc. stuff in the Ubuntu repos crashed on invocation.

Currently trying to figure out how to get Johnny's bridge into the mix;
the closest I have gotten so far is dneigh shows a few HECnet nodes but
nothing else works.

I may have flooded psilo.update.uu.se too, which may have blocked my IP
off because I am not hearing back from psilo.update.uu.se.

Anyway, that's all for now. Any tips on HECnet bridging for Ubuntu/Linux
welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Supratim