[HECnet] Intro and New User Questions

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sun Dec 17 13:07:36 PST 2017

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Mark J. Blair wrote:
> > On Dec 17, 2017, at 12:43, Mark J. Blair <nf6x at nf6x.net> wrote:
> >
> > I don't know what DMR/DMC are yet.
>
> Aha, I see DMC in simh now. I gather that with either DMC or UDP bridging of
> XU, at least one end of the link needs to be able to expose a port on the public
> Internet?

Yes.  With DMC, you can also use TCP as the transport, but as you say one end of the link needs to be able to expose a port.  Additionally, it might at least be good to know the public address of the other end of the link so that arbitrary connections from anywhere by malicious parties don't get into the fray.