[HECnet] Public Services over DECnet

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Sat Dec 30 11:26:30 PST 2017

Seasons greetings to all.

I've been lurking on the list for a while and not really involved in
vintage computing at all over the past year or so.
What I will say is that I am in the process of trying to organise another
DEC Legacy Event for 2018 - it will either be in May or November, to be
decided shortly.

To bring my post on topic I can recommend the 'Writing VAX/VMS Applications
using Pascal' by Theo De Klerk if you want an introduction into some of the
VAX/VMS specific features such as ASTs.

I don't have a technical background with DECnet, only as a user. It does
indeed work great. I'm jealous I wasn't involved in DEC itself - Steve
Davidson has some great stories about the scalability of VAX/VMS hardware
and networking infrastructure.

Regards, Mark.