[HECnet] DECmate II and OS/278...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jul 9 02:07:47 PDT 2017

On 2017-07-09 08:04, Tim Sneddon wrote:
> On 9/07/2017 3:03 AM, Lee Gleason wrote:
>>   I don't  have the capability to read teledisk images, and a brief
>> google search showed the programs I saw available to do so all seem to
>> run on Linux and DOS...two OSes I don't have available...
>
> Hmm, okay.  So, what sort of format would work for you?  I found details
> about the file structure and I imagine I could read these images and
> convert them to something that your systems could work with.

When you have a real RX50, all you want are the actual bytes that should
be written to the disk, and nothing else.
Which means it should be a 400K plain raw disk dump.

(In Unix-speak the result of "dd if=/dev/floppy of=image")

The format information is implicitly already there, and correct, since
we're playing on the real hardware.