[HECnet] Swedish Pascal under RSX-11M-Plus?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 30 18:29:30 PDT 2017

  Hey folks.  I'm trying to get "Swedish" Pascal v6.3 running under
RSX-11M-Plus v4.6, and have hit a problem.  The created PAS.TSK crashes
on invocation, and I suspect it may be due to a patch that gets applied
to a library during the build process.  This appears in PAS.BLD:

        ;
        ; The above GBLPAT statement patches a branch instruction
        ; into the system overlay autoload routine AUTO.
        ; The last few releases of most operating systems have had
        ; different versions of AUTO.  The proper GBLPAT statement
        ; to use above depends on which AUTO routine you have on
        ; your system.  You can identify which one you have by
        ; examining the object module ident of module AUTO in
        ; the system object library, SYSLIB.  Use a command such as
        ; "LBR LB:[1,1]SYSLIB/FU" to do this.  The GBLPAT statements
        ; to use with each AUTO routine are:
        ;
        ;    AUTO ident         GBLPAT statement
        ;    ??early??         GBLPAT=ROOT:$AUTO+34:437
        ;      08              GBLPAT=ROOT:$AUTO+34:435
        ;      09.08           GBLPAT=ROOT:$AUTO+36:441
        ;      10.02           GBLPAT=ROOT:$AUTO+36:431
        ;

  The ident of AUTO in my system is 10.05, making that patch potentially
land at the wrong address.  However, that's just my suspicion.  Has
anyone gotten Swedish Pascal v6.3 running under RSX-11M-Plus v4.6?