[HECnet] Swedish Pascal under RSX-11M-Plus?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Oct 31 09:47:21 PDT 2017

On 10/31/2017 03:33 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> By the way... I played around with Swedish Pascal a few years ago, for
> some needs I had for Pascal. I hit some snags with Oregon Pascal, and
> then tried Swedish, and realized the code generated is rather ugly, and
> it was going to be a gigantic effort if you ever want it to be able to
> run with split I/D space, so I gave up on it.

  I want it because I wrote tons of code with it back in the 1980s.  I
still have most of that code, and would like to hack on it again.  I was
running on an 11/34, no I/D space, so that was never a limitation for me.

  It's a pretty good compiler in terms of features that make it easy to
get work done.  I enjoyed it very much back then.  Hopefully I will now
too. :-)

> There is also the DEC PDP-11 Pascal, which I never tried getting to run,
> as it appeared it wasn't any better than Oregon.

  I have Oregon Pascal somewhere, but haven't done anything with it.