[HECnet] VMS for Itanium

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org
Sun Dec 9 20:12:57 PST 2018

On 12/9/2018 9:31 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
>    I just got my hands on an rx2660, and I realized to my astonishment
> that I do not have a copy of VMS for the Itanium architecture.  Can
> anyone help me out?
>
>                Thanks,
>                -Dave

Hi Dave.  The easiest way is to sign up for the Hobbyist PAKS from HP and then ask for the HP FTP site credentials and you can download most of the stuff directly from HP.

Registration link <https://www.hpe.com/h41268/live/index_e.aspx?qid=24548>

You need an active DECUServe member number.  If some some reason you don't have one, go to https://eisner.decus.org/. and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.  You'll get a member # that can be used on the Hobbyist Registration page.

Even if you should already have Integrity PAKS it might be worth it to do this so you can download from HP. It's usually the most recent versions (at least for HP.  VSI has more recent ones now but no Hobbyist program yet).

Failing that, let me know. I have an extensive collection of Integrity DVDs but only as late as 2008. I can rip them to images and put them on a USB stick.

---
John H. Reinhardt