[HECnet] DECnet for Linux

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 27 12:19:35 PST 2018

I have the same MFM emulator, it is great, I use it to image old disks and then run the machines from the images. I occasionally get power outages because something in kitchen trips an RCD, the SIMH instances on the Pi have always survived this without a problem, although a clean shutdown mechanism would be nice. However, unless you get extended power outages, then perhaps something like this would work: https://www.pi-supply.com/product/pi-ups-uninterrupted-power-supply-raspberry-pi/. I can’t say I have tried it myself, but it is a nice idea.

I think the network problem with Pi is hardware, it seems to become unreliable after a while, despite a reboot. But it does take quite some time before it becomes a problem, so at the price, I think it is fine to get a Pi.

Regards

Rob