[HECnet] Hoping to join HECnet

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Fri Jun 22 04:43:42 PDT 2018

Hi Keith,

> I’ve applied for Multinet. This is so exciting. My family think I’ve finally gone mad  though :)

You can use 1.577 for now, till you get your own DECnet address from Johnny.

You can also configure Multinet to connect using TCP to 52.23.221.223
port 60003 to get on HECnet for the time being until you establish a
"permanent" connection with Johnny.

Ususally this means configuring Multinet using the menu or command line,
and then manually editing MULTINET:DECNET-CIRCUITS.COM to say something
like:

$ multinet set /decnet /remote=52.23.221.223 /port=60003 /device=tcpa0:
/connect /tcp=connect /buffers=24

Best,
Supratim