[HECnet] Hoping to join HECnet

Keith Halewood Keith.Halewood at pitbulluk.org
Sat Jun 23 10:24:21 PDT 2018

Hi Johnny,

I see that the multinet command to configure and create the interface doesn't preserve the port number and/or tcp vs udp protocol setting so that was an editing job.
Yeah, the 8650 is going to be a pandora's box when I finally get around to it.
As for a CI, I'm partly on the way. I know/knew MSCP well and the rudiments of its encapsulation over a CI connection. I won't be creating a star coupler or HSC (from a pdp-11 simulation), it'll just be something on the end of a network port that looks like an HSC serving discs.... this is all much more probable than getting an 8650 up and running :)

Audit is showing a few 'attempted' logins already.

I'll take area 29, thank you very much indeed.

Keith