[HECnet] KLH10 not idling host CPU

Mark Abene phiber at phiber.com
Sun Mar 4 19:12:13 PST 2018

Just in case folks don't know, KLH10 is a standalone KL10 emulator. It has
no connection to simh.

I've been able to reproduce this on two different x86 systems running
current versions of linux. Open two windows, run "top" in one. In the
other, assuming you're using panda-dist, start klh10, even with the default
klt20.ini file (the cpu idler is defined on by default). So far, at the
KLH10 prompt, all is well. Now type "go", and you'll be at the BOOT prompt,
but you don't need to boot anything. Look at "top" in your other window,
and you'll observe the "kn10-kl" process shoot to the top at 100% cpu
utilization.
That's a problem.

-Mark