[HECnet] Connections?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Wed May 2 14:13:19 PDT 2018

>But I'm almost a bit surprised that noone have really stepped up with
>multinet links in the US. Is there really noone with the resources and
>ability to connect potential new people?

  I've been connecting people via Multinet on LEGATO for some time now, and I don't see any problem with continuing to do that.  I think there are about half a dozen active connections on LEGATO now.  I really prefer that people have static IPs, because updating dynamic IPs with Multinet is a royal pain, however there are a few dynamic ones in there.  My IP is always available at decnet.jfcl.com.

  I have plenty of bandwidth, although not admittedly not gigabit levels, but frankly the amount of traffic on HECnet is pretty much inconsequential so it's hardly an issue so far.  Oh, and I live in San Jose CA USA.

Bob