[HECnet] Connections?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Wed May 2 17:24:10 PDT 2018

>Actually, the script that ran on SG1:: took care of that automagically...

  Yeah, I have such a script too, but it doesn't deal with TCP vs UDP
connections, and it doesn't deal with active (TCP=CONNECT) vs passive
(TCP=LISTEN) connections.  It could of course be updated to do such things,
but it's one of those deals where the pain level of hand changing IPs
occasionally hasn't yet equaled the effort required to update the script.

  Also, AFAIK there's no way to change the IP on an existing Multinet tunnel
once it's started.  The only option is to reboot VMS.  I would need some
automatic "run this magic script and then reboot" setup, maybe every day or
two, which is also possible but unattractive.

Bob