[HECnet] Connections?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu May 3 14:09:04 PDT 2018

On 2018-05-03 13:23, Rok Vidmar wrote:
>> Alpha's does/did not support area routing.
>
>    Really?! Look at Identification and Type lines.
>  From day 1 on Alpha.

I'm just quoting the documentation.
http://h41379.www4.hpe.com/doc/73final/documentation/pdf/DECNET_OVMS_NET_MAN.PDF
page 2-15:
"On AXP systems, Digital supports level 1 routing only for nodes acting
as routers for a cluster alias. Digital does not support level 2 routing
or routing between multiple circuits.♦"

Essentially saying that routing, except for one special case is not
supported at all on Alpha. And that one special case is just for level 1
routing.

Now, I'm maybe not totally surprised if it works anyway, but officially
DEC did not support this on Alpha, but only on VAX.