[HECnet] Connections?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri May 4 14:41:08 PDT 2018

>It would certainly be plausible to model Multinet as a multidrop link

  I had forgotten about multidrop DDCMP connections.  I agree that would
work for what we want to do, but Multinet didn't implement it that way.  The
only fix I can see would be to write another DECnet device driver that does.
In the current implementation there's a 1-1 relation between the Multinet
lines, circuits and tunnels -

$ ncp show act cir

Active Circuit Volatile Summary as of  4-MAY-2018 14:36:00

   Circuit          State                   Loopback     Adjacent
                                              Name      Routing Node

  QNA-0             on
  TCP-0-1           on                                1.13 (MIM)
  TCP-0-3           on       -starting
  TCP-1-8           on       -starting
  TCP-1-9           on       -starting
  TCP-3-3           on                               33.14 (FRUGAL)
  TCP-3-9           on       -starting
  TCP-5-9           on                               59.58 (STUPI)
$ ncp show act line

Active Line Volatile Summary as of  4-MAY-2018 14:36:04

   Line             State

  QNA-0             on
  QNA-1             on
  TCP-0-1           on