[HECnet] Connections?

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sat May 5 09:17:49 PDT 2018

On Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 3:11 AM, Dave wrote:
> OP here, if both the host and the SIMH guest are listening for SSH traffic on the
> same interface / IP address then only one of them is going to make the
> connection. Since the SIMH guest is the last to register, it gets the traffic.

A simh guest and the host system may be transiting traffic through the same
physical network interface, but they each are using separate (unique) MAC
and IP addresses for their traffic.  As such this analysis is incorrect unless
you're using a more complicated NAT setup on the simh side.  NAT is more
complicated due to the need to setup NAT for a specific incoming port
mapping which must be unused on the host system.  Doing this SSH into the
guest would be possible, but not really related to the original discussion.

- Mark