[HECnet] MIM?

Johnny Eriksson bygg at cafax.se
Tue Oct 23 13:38:20 PDT 2018

Earlier today I wrote:

> The packet in question is an init packet, used to start up a link.
>
> If tcpdump knew about this, it would look somewhat like:

Since there really is a need for a tool to examine various kinds of DEC
protocol traffic, I am trying to put one together.  In case anyone is
interested:

  http://https://www.pdc.kth.se/~bygg/tops/anfdump.tar

Don't let the ANF part of the name fool you!  It can do the following:

  *  listen for ethernet frames with ANF-10, DECnet and LAT.

  *  listen for DDCMP (simh-style over TCP or UDP), with decoding
     of payload (ANF-10 or DECnet).

  *  listen for Multinet over TCP, with decoding of DECnet.

  *  do several of the above, in parallel, if you want to see how
     a box in the middle molests your data.

  *  read (and write) pcap-format files.

As usual this is a work-in-progress, and some things (like the manual)
are missing, but the code mostly works.  Use the -h flag for help at
this time.

--Johnny