[HECnet] MIM?

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Tue Oct 23 09:56:42 PDT 2018

On 10/23/2018 12:50, Paul Koning wrote:

>> On Oct 23, 2018, at 12:22 PM, Supratim Sanyal <supratim at riseup.net> wrote:
>>
>> What in the world is pydecnet? Google surprisingly comes up empty! Python implementation of DECnet? How does one get their hands on it?
> Interesting that it comes up empty.
>
> Yes, an implementation of DECnet in Python.  I've mentioned it on this list in the past. It's not finished but a fair amount is done, in particular the lower layers (datalink and routing).
>
> Look in svn://akdesign.dyndns.org/pydecnet/trunk/pydecnet (using Subversion).
>
> 	paul

Thank you, Paul. I am playing with a Hercules-emulated IBM Z/Arch S/390
Mainframe running Ubuntu 18; perhaps it will be possible for Linux/s390x
to speak DECnet using pydecnet! Will get around to giving it a shot
sometime hopefully soon.

Supratim

--
Sent via Thunderbird for Windows 10 on Lenovo Legion Y720