[HECnet] MIM?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Oct 23 11:59:53 PDT 2018

On 2018-10-23 20:14, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>    I searched my logs more exhaustively, and there are a lot of these "bad
> packet, down/up" events for MIM, and a few for RVDSXL and MASON.  There are
> none in that same period for FRUGAL or STUPI, even though those links were
> up too.
>
>    Don't know what it all means...

Be aware that I am fiddling with things on Mim at the moment, so there
are random reboots going on. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I have
found a test scenario that is rather interesting for getting my TCP to
perform somewhat more optimal under high latency network conditions with
noticeable packet drop.

That said, I do find it a big "buggy" that VMS Multinet then do not
appear to signal that the line went down when the TCP connection is lost.
It's understandable that this don't happen for UDP, where there are no
concept of established links, but for TCP they could/should have done
this. I have certainly done this on the RSX side, but I can't do much
beyond that.